Employers : Your Responsibilities
- You must provide and maintain plant (the workplace) and systems of work that are safe and do not pose risks to anyone's health.
- You must make sure that the use, handling, storage and transporting of articles (goods etc.) and substances is safe and without risks to anyone's health.
- You have to provide information, instruction, training and supervision on health and safety matters for all your employees.
- You have a duty to keep your workplace in a safe and healthy condition so that no employee or visitor to your place comes to any harm.
- You must carry out risk assessments (identify and control hazards) and record your findings.
- You must develop health and safety systems and procedures.
- You must consult and cooperate with your employees and any contractors who do work for you.
- You must comply with all relevant UK health and safety legislation.