Starting Work : Travel and Arrival
Use this checklist to make sure you arrive safely.
- If you are in a rush or stressed about the day ahead, it's harder to concentrate on travelling safely.
- Use pedestrian crossings - don't try and save time by crossing where its not safe.
- Don't dash across the road for a bus - there will be another one
- You might need extra travel time to allow for weather conditions, roadworks, etc.
- Allow plenty of time for your journey so that you get to work on time without taking unnecessary risks.
- When you get there, go straight in and ask for the person you have been told to report to.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help.
- Smile be polite, helpful and willing to learn.
Print a copy of the full Checklist ( PDF 44kb)